General forums

Forum Description Discussions
News forum
General news and announcements

Learning forums

Topic Forum Description Discussions
Topic 1 1.04 The World of Science Discussion
You have just spent a good bit of time examining some basic information about science. Think about what you have learned.

1. How does the work of scientists, or science in general, affect your life today? Why is it important.

2. Talk to your classmates about their responses. Agree or disagree, ...
Topic 2 2.08B Conservation Discussion
1. Complete the following prompt:

a. The activity I chose promoted conservation in the following ways:

b. In my local area the kinds of environmental problems we have are __________________. If I were to get involved, I might like to get involved in: (Think about problems happening in your local...
Topic 4 4.05 Need a Partner?
Find a classmate to work with to complete the 4.05 Activity Center: Build a Teen Workshop. You can respond to another student or post a request for a partner.
4.07 Genetic Evolution Discussion
Choose one article from the websites linked in the lesson.

Read the article or passage and then consider the questions that follow the topic and link in the lesson.

Post your answer to the questions.

Use evidences and ideas from the lesson and articles to support your answers.

Respond to at ...
Topic 5 5.07 Kingdoms of Life Discussion
Repond to the following questions:

1. Which Kingdom do you think has the most interesting organisms?

2. Name one cool organism from that Kingdom.

3. Describe one characteristic that makes it interesting.

Respond to 2 other student responses and write their names down. You will turn these names in...
Topic 6 6.03 HONORS: Transmission and Treatment
In the case of Mary Mallon, aka Typhoid Mary, evaluate the government’s response to the situation.

Do you think Mary was treated unfairly? Support your answer using information from your research.

Do you think it was a social class issue? What evidence supports your answer?
6.06 Find A Partner
Find a partner/classmate. You can use the discussion area to find a partner, and then e-mail each other to discuss how you'll each contribute to the project.
Topic 8 8.08C HONORS Animal Testing Discussion
Where do you stand on the issue of animal testing? Would you buy a product that has been tested on animals? Why or why not?